Making the choice to believe that this BIS education can be so much more than what you see in a standard classroom can be a big decision.It requires you to consider a range of questions:
*What matters most to you about your child’s primary education?
*Should a child be considered as individual with ideas, rights and insights that should be valued?
*What is the purpose of education?
*What is the philosphy of other systems? How do they compare?
*Can education be more than what you experienced?
These are all big questions that are about making a conscious decision for your child’s education rather than just going along with what everyone else is doing. Please take time to explore the key areas that underpin our school:
The best way for you to really understand our philosophy and process of learning is to attend a curriculum talk such as the ones currently listed on the events page.
Sign up for BIS Newsletter
- 14/10/2014 - Self Directed Learning - What does this really mean in a primary school setting?
- 04/11/2014 - Advocating for your child in Prep
- 18/11/2014 - You Did What? – Understanding children’s ideas of right and wrong through the prism of Staged Moral Development
- 25/11/2014 - Unpacking the BIS Philosophy and Curriculum
- Unpacking the BIS Philosophy and Curriculum
- You Did What? – Understanding children’s ideas of right and wrong through the prism of Staged Moral Development
- Advocating for your Child in Prep
- Self Directed Learning – What does this really mean in a primary school setting?
- Commonwealth Bank Teaching Award