FREE PUBLIC SEMINAR
WHAT’S TOXIC AND WHAT’S NOT? RAISING HEALTHY CHILDREN IN A TOXIC WORLD…
Featuring Dr Sarah Lantz PhD – lecturer, researcher,writer, mother and all round chemical conscious nut. She has a background in public health and environmental health, and specializes in the area of child and youth health and well being. Dr Lantz is currently a research fellow at the University of Queensland. She has written and spoken widely on the issue of chemicals and kids and environmental health
‘If you want to learn about the health of a population, look at the air they breathe, the water they drink, and the places where they live.’ – Hippocrates, 15 BC
What are chemicals? How do chemicals get into the human body? What makes a chemical toxic? Why are kids particularly susceptible to chemicals? What are the health and behavioral impacts? How do we currently measure chemicals and determine their safety? What are the consumer assumptions we make? How do I identify harmful chemicals?
These topics and more will be examined at this seminar. Go to: www.chemicalfreeparenting.com to order a copy of Chemical Free Kids : Raising healthy Children in a Toxic World.
Saturday April 2nd 2-4 pm Brisbane Independent School School Library, 2447 Moggill Rd, Pullenvale
RSVP 07 33785466
Children Welcome! Tea & Coffee provided
Sign up for BIS Newsletter
- 01/05/2014 - You Did What? – Understanding children’s ideas of right and wrong through the prism of Staged Moral Development
- 22/05/2014 - Social and Emotional Learning (First Session) - Free Seminar
- 22/05/2014 - Social and Emotional Learning (Second Session) - Free Seminar
- 05/06/2014 - Integral Human Development - Dr. Tim Mansfield
- 05/06/2014 - Integral Human Development - Dr. Tim Mansfield (Second Session)
- 14/06/2014 - Open Day 2014