Are you worried about your child’s transition to school next year? How do you share your concerns with your child’s teacher? Each child is different so how do you avoid your child being overlooked in class?
Learn how to communicate effectively with your child’s teacher about:
- Learning styles and special needs
- Assessment and NAPLAN
- Curriculum design
The first year of school can be a challenging journey for both parent and child. Start it with a clear plan: identify what matters to you. You will leave the session with a written commitment to your child’s education, reminding yourself when you need to stand up and advocate for them during the first, vital years of schooling.
Wednesday 16th November 10am
Brisbane Independent School
2447 Moggill Road Pullenvale
RSVP 3378 5466 firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently the principal of BIS, Jennifer has ten years experience as a secondary and primary teacher and spent four years establishing the BCC Green Heart Schools program to tackle Education for Sustainability in schools. Having worked as a private tutor for many years, she found that parents often needed her support when advocating for their children at school. Her wide experience across ages and school systems has given Jennifer a broad knowledge of what differing school environments can and should be able to provide students.
Sign up for BIS Newsletter
- 01/05/2014 - You Did What? – Understanding children’s ideas of right and wrong through the prism of Staged Moral Development
- 22/05/2014 - Social and Emotional Learning (First Session) - Free Seminar
- 22/05/2014 - Social and Emotional Learning (Second Session) - Free Seminar
- 05/06/2014 - Integral Human Development - Dr. Tim Mansfield
- 05/06/2014 - Integral Human Development - Dr. Tim Mansfield (Second Session)
- 14/06/2014 - Open Day 2014